2016 Novice Summer Row Camp
HB Cavaliers Crew is offering two novice summer camps. These programs are directed toward new or nearly new rowers who intend to participate in either the High School or Middle School Crew Teams in the coming fall and/or spring seasons.
New rowers from 7th to 12th grade are welcome. Middle School Team experience is not required and all MS rowers are encouraged to attend. Rowers will be taught rowing technique in both on the water and land training by our varsity coaching staff. College rowers and our varsity team members will also assist the coaching staff. Adult chaperones (SAU 41 cleared) are at each session.
The novice camps are limited to a maximum of twelve rowers per session.
- Session 1 – 8/7 – 8/12 (8am - 10am)
- Session 2 – 8/15 – 8/19 (8am - 10am)
- Cost: $150 per session
- Camps are hosted at Lone Pine Hunters Club. (114 Rideout Rd)
PLEASE NOTE: Admission to the program is selective based upon many factors and will be determined at the discretion of HB Cavaliers Crew. While we would like to offer the program to every applicant, we are limited by the number of boats and coaches. This number allows us to offer the highest quality of training for up and coming competitive rowers.
Participation in the camps is not required to row on the HB Crew team.
Here's what you have to do:
1. Complete the Interest Form below or using the link provided by the deadline date (7/11/16)- Extended until 7/14!
2. Wait for the response from HB Crew on 7/14/16
3. If accepted into program, complete registration by 7/21/16
4. If deferred, please don't give up. We hope to offer rowing instruction to all who are interested. Camp is not required to tryout for either the Middle School or High School Teams. There are rowing machines available for use in the High School weight room and we have open training sessions for anyone interested. Please contact coach Mark Lewis (email@example.com). He will be happy to advise prospective rowers of what they can do.
Please be as thorough and accurate as possible when completing the questionnaire.
- Interest Forms available: 6/27/16
- Interest Forms Deadline: 7/11/16 - Extended until 7/14!
- Acceptance/Deferral Announcement: 7/14/16
- Registration Deadline: 7/21/16