Tryout/ Registration Steps & Important Dates:
- August 29th & 30th: Tryouts 1:30pm - 3:00pm (sign up here)
- September 1st: First Day of Practice 3:00pm - 5:30pm Lone Pine Hunters Club
- See our calendar on the home page for details of our schedule for the season.
Tryouts are an evaluation of physical fitness and not necessarily rowing skill. Anyone interested in learning how to train for tryouts is invited to Contact Coach Mark Lewis Here to arrange a time to learn the basics.
Try-outs for non rowers, or those new to crew:
- 1,000 meter erg (rowing machine) evaluation
- 500 meter sprint on the erg
- laps run around the school
- PRE-TRYOUT INSTRUCTION EVERYONE MUST TRY OUT to be considered for the team, including returning athletes.
- What To Bring:
- Running Shoes & Outdoor running clothing
- Water to drink during workout
- Tight fitting shorts for erg test (loose shorts get caught in rollers - ouch!)
- Great attitude
- Space is limited. There are no guarantees of placement.
- If you are unable to attend please contact Coach Mark Lewis to arrange a make-up test. Roster will be announced the following week.
- If you are invited to register, Fall Season Tuition is $500 to be paid during online registration at Regatta Central. A link will be provided once you are invited to be on the team.
- Uniform Expense varies with personal preference and level of rowing, and pieces can be purchased prior to each season when the uniform store is open, but as a general rule:
- Novice rowers need to purchase snug fitting shorts, preferably "trou" (rowing shorts) which can range from $15 - $45
- Novice rowers compete in an inexpensive team t-shirt
- Full Regatta regalia is approximately $300 in total - and can be purchased in pieces over multiple seasons.
- Like most sports, there are many "add-ons" that can be purchased with team logos.